Mayor Garcetti put a temporary halt to the issuance of several parking citations so that Angelenos can more effectively practice the safe social distancing necessary during the outbreak.
The order, which will be in place until March 31 and is subject to extension, includes the following:
- Relaxed enforcement of street sweeping restrictions in residential areas
- Relaxed enforcement around closed schools
- Moratorium on ticketing and towing for abandoned vehicles and oversize vehicle overnight parking fines
- Freeze on parking fine increases for the next 60 days
- Extended grace period for people dropping off or picking up groceries and goods
- Immediate extension on all deadlines for payment due until June 1
Enforcement will be maintained on operations that prioritize health, safety, and emergency access — including colored curbs, street sweeping around encampments, peak-hour restrictions, and repaving and slurry operations.
It will also continue at metered spaces to encourage parking turnover for businesses and restaurants relying on takeout and deliveries.